So Fidel Castro himself notes that communism isn’t working so well in Cuba these days. Hard to argue with that. It is nonetheless interesting that, by some measures, (specifically related to education and health care) Cuba has managed to do quite well for such a small and limited economy. Here is a list of life-expectancies by country showing that Cuba actually edges out the US.
- Is it just me or is the whole idea of "girls bikes" vs "boys bikes" a bit backwards? #highbarshurtgonads! #bikes #yeg 1 week ago
- RT @DunchinYEG: If the answer to "how much tax should we pay" is always "less," then no space remains for institutions for the common good.… 2 weeks ago
- Hopefully there is much less of this shady development and contract dealings in #yeg and #yegcc than in #Montreal cbc.ca/m/touch/news/s… 2 weeks ago
- RT @canpoli: Feds can't account for $3.1B in anti-terror spending bit.ly/ZQ47Ri 2 weeks ago
- Zut alors! More snow. #yeg 2 weeks ago